Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I C U C and summary ideas (weeks 1-9)

Here is an article I wrote about visual literacy (note week 9 about video): " Our very own Lesley Farmer has an article in the same issue of Multimedia In Schools! [as Steve Abrams] (http://www.mmischools.com/Archives/ArchiveIssue.aspx?IssueId=322)

I read Steve Abrams 23 things articles in
Information Outlook (SLA), and C-M's NC Public Library built on his thoughts to do self-paced PD. And CSLA members heard about these and other echoes about Abram's ideas. So it's interesting to see people's processes. Even I hadn't played with all the goodies I had read about previously (the two new things I did were Rollyo and Library Thing, both of which I think are clunky, but that's me). Anyway, whatever motivates us, huh (as long as it's safe and legal). Personally, I think blogging is sort of antithetical to PRIVATE diaries that I kept in the past, and I can't imagine people being so lacking in a life that they want to read my ramblings. But for the good of the whole, I'm willing to put forth a few thoughts. I'd rather write articles and books -- and present and teach.

4 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Yes, it is interesting to see where Steve Abram's 43 ideas and Helen Blowers' 23 THINGS and Learning 2.0 have traveled and evolved over the last year or so! Amazing.

Best wishes.

librarymum said...

How fun that you have joined this band of merry digital immigrants! It will be interesting to see how you might use some of these tools in the LMT classes and I hope you have the time to share with us all how some of this might be used in the LMT program. The calcurriculum wiki could become a repository of great ideas for current and future LMTs.

Janet HasB
(a.k.a. librarymum @ PageSpace)

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Congratulations! You have completed the 23 THINGS of School Library Learning 2.0 and are an official member of the CSLA 2.0 Team.

Best wishes.
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Lesley Farmer said...

just a note on how the tech course at CSULB has changed over the years; we did lots on social networking this summer.